Wednesday 21 May 2014

Happy creeping field trip

1) We walked around the halls and found a group of people. We sat down near them pretending to do something else and copied down what they were saying. 
- we went by a window on the 2nd floor facing the front of the school
- we listened to them talk for a solid 14 or so minutes
- the conversation was between a boy and girl in grade 12
- it felt weird listening in on people I found it mostly hilarious and I was laughing at times

2)the insights I gained about the way people speak is people get distracted or off topic very easily and end up making their conversations random and pointless

3) I can apply this to my writing by having my characters or dialogue make sense rather be completely random like the conversation I was listening to was 

4)personality was revealed through their conversation because they were speaking to each other like they were good friends and always seemed focused on the other person when they were talking. Laughing when something was funny ect...

5)I'm not sure but I can only imagine it could either be a conversation that stays on topic or becomes a mess of random garbage

6) most surprising thing I found was conversations end instantly because they we attached to their phones more than holding a conversation with their friend

7)differences between the two are in written you can take time to think about how you want people to interact and speak while spoken if mainly off the top of your head. Similarities between the two both require people to display their emotions or feelings on the topic being talked about

No comments:

Post a Comment