(1) What topics did you present? How did you go about making in "stick" with your audience?
- We presented the Six Word Story with growing up as our overall theme and it was used with a question. We went about making it stick by making it easily understandable for why the image we used works well with our six word story and we presented it in a friendly manner.
(2) How do you feel your mini lesson went? Strengths? Weaknesses?
- I feel our mini lesson went pretty well. Weaknesses with our mini lesson was it may not have been relatable with the grade 3 class because they are still young and may not look at getting older in that way. Strength with out mini lesson was it was to the point making it easy to understand.
(3) What did you learn about the process of teaching and learning?
- I learnt that it is important to have your topic completely ready to go otherwise you wont feel confident when teaching. When you prepare in advance for teaching you will have an idea of how you should teach it rather than thinking on the spot and not getting across the medium when you're trying to help someone learn. The key to good teaching is to be clear and engaging to let people really want to learn and understand what it is you're trying to teach.
(4) What should we do next?
- Since we just taught the grade 3 class about six word stories and punctuation to go along with them I think it would be a good idea if they present to us what they've learned at school and after having that skype call with us.